B Corps meet the highest standards of verifiable impact, and focus on five key areas of responsibility - Governance, Workers, Community, Environment, and Customers.
Meow Wolf first certified as a B Corporation in 2017 and re-certified in 2021. Since then we have grown our impact and initiatives in a targeted effort to continuously improve our business practices. Below is a list of initiatives that demonstrate our commitment to all areas of this important work. We are dedicated to continually improving, and we look forward to growing our initiatives.
Meow Wolf established a code of ethics to abide by. Governance is about enhancing policies and practices pertaining to its mission, ethics, accountability and transparency.
- 1. Meow Wolf’s mission statement includes social good for our participants and communities as a core value.
- 2. We have developed a formal stakeholder strategy that incorporates feedback and listening, including forming advisory committees and prioritizing engagements with underrepresented communities.
- 3. We publish an annual Impact Report on our website and share it publicly.
- 4. We consistently incorporate social and environmental benefits into our decision making.
- 5. Meow Wolf has amended our legal designation to be a Public Benefit Corporation.
- 6. We have amended our corporate by-laws so that the Board of Directors must consider all stakeholders and not just shareholders in decision making.
- 7. We have signed the B Corp Declaration of Interdependence.
- 8. We advocated for the New Mexico legislature to pass HB 118, B Corp designation for New Mexico to grow and strengthen our local B Corp community, which was signed into law during the 2019 legislative session.
- 9. Our Board of Directors meets bi-monthly with regular check-ins with senior management for regular company updates, direction and feedback.
- 10. We set goals using the B Corp Assessment and track our progress towards becoming a more responsible company.
- 11. Company finances are audited annually through a third-party to ensure accountability.
- 12. Financial controls have been put in place for cash disbursements, inventory, and accounts payable.
- 13. Our company is led by a person from a historically marginalized community.