Effective as of May 24, 2018
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that you voluntarily provide that can be used to identify you and may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address; and if you transact business with us, financial information, your likeness, and other information.
Additionally, we may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information.
We do not control your use of our Sites and Services to share Personal Information with others. If you chose to share information publicly through our website, mobile application or services, please understand that we cannot control the actions of third parties who could collect this information.
When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world. We use the information we collect from our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Meow Wolf and our users.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the
· to enable you to access and use our services, sites or the services of our customers, including storing it;
· to contact and communicate with you, provide customer support and manage your account;
· to perform research and analysis about your use of or interest in our Services, content or products or content offered by others;
to enforce our terms and conditions;
for internal record keeping and administrative purposes; and
· to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
We may disclose or share your personally identifiable information to:
· Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. Third party service providers may be used for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
· courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
· third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia including in in the U.S.A.
When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who are outside Australia and, if you are a European Union (EU) citizen, to third parties that are outside the EU. Where the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws (and not subject to the GDPR), you acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, information that may interest them or messages (such as invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our website to upload, share and/or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you or your users visit or use our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
· Choosing or changing your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts;
· Choosing whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
· Choosing whether we share you personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services;
· Controlling targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners; data exchanges; and marketing analytics and digital advertising and marketing service providers;
· Choosing to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and choices made available to you through your device(s), for example, by re-setting your device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads;
· Requesting removal of your personal information from a public forum on one of our sites or applications; and/or
· Requesting access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact us Here
Where we are a processor, we have contracts containing certain prescribed terms in our contracts with controllers, including:
· not to use a sub-processor without the prior written authorisation of the data controller;
· to co-operate with supervisory authorities;
· to ensure the security of its processing;
· to keep records of processing activities;
· to notify any personal data breaches to the data controller; and
· to employ a data protection officer and appoint (in writing) a representative within the European Union if required by the GDPR.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or an article of the GDPR and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner if you wish to make a complaint.
Meow Wolf provides its Sites and Services for the purpose of creating an enjoyable experience for its customers within the United States and Canada. The laws governing the collection and use of information within the United States and Canada may be different from the laws of your country. If you decide to use our Site or Services, or share your Personal Information with Meow Wolf, you are agreeing to be governed by the laws of the United States and Canada as appropriate, and you are expressly consenting to the transfer of your data to the United States.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children in connection with the features of our Sites or Services without the consent of a parent or guardian. If we become aware that an individual under the age of 13 has provided personally identifiable information through our Sites or Services, we will immediately remove the individual’s personally identifiable information from our files.
If you are using our Site or Services on behalf of a child under the age of 13, including purchasing a Pass for a child under the age of 13, you must either be that child’s parent or guardian, or have the permission of that child’s parent or guardian, to supply the required information.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures such as the pseudonymisation and encryption of personal information, to safeguard and secure personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
The security of your use of a Meow Wolf mobile application relies on your protection of your mobile device. You may not share your instance of the mobile application with anyone. If you believe that an unauthorized access to your instance of the mobile application has occurred please report it immediately at [email protected] You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any information provided by or submitted to the mobile application is lost, stolen, or used without permission.
We will never ask you to send your password or other sensitive information to us in an email, though we may ask you to enter this type of information on a Meow Wolf website, or mobile application interface.
Any email or other communication purporting to be from one of our websites requesting your password or asking you to provide sensitive account information via email, should be treated as unauthorized and suspicious and should be reported to us immediately by emailing [email protected]
This Policy is governed by the laws of New Mexico.
All trademarks, service marks, and other proprietary materials herein are the property of Meow Wolf, Inc. and their respective owners. All rights reserved.