Objective: We’ll be upcycling empty egg cartons into beautiful flowers!
Time Required - ~1 Hour
- 15 - 20 mins to put together, 1hr to dry
Age Range - All Ages
- 3-99 (scissors required)
- Must have manual dexterity
- Egg Cartons
- Mod podge, white glue or Hot glue gun
- Acrylic or Tempera paint
- Paintbrushes and paint containers
- Cut or tear apart your egg carton so you have 4 to 8 sections.
- Cut or tear a strip from the edge of your egg carton section
- Use your Mod Podge to glue the sections on top of each other, turning each section just a little so the “petals” are staggered.
- After your petals are glued down, roll up the long section from the edge of the egg carton like a fruit rollup. Glue that to the center of the flower
- Paint your egg carton flowers with watered down acrylic or tempera paint and let dry.
Reflection - What else can you do?
- You can glue your flowers onto straws or popsicle sticks and give them to a neighbor as a bouquet
- Glue them to homemade greeting cards for your family for a 3D look
- Make a frame out of them by gluing them onto an upcycled wooden frame. You can also glue “pin back” to them to make a brooch.
Share your creation! Use the #MeowWolfatHome hashtag on social media!