Deep down we all possess our own unique superpowers that can transform us. You will then be creating a superhero cape that represents your own uniqueness - a wearable reminder of your power when you need it.
Time Required/Age Range
- 1 Hour
- Elementary School
- Manual dexterity and scissors needed
- Old XL Adult T-Shirt
- Fabric markers (optional)
- Other fabric to cut out (optional)
- Gather materials above
- Lay the T-shirt flat with the back facing up.
- Start in the bottom corner and use scissors to cut at a slight angle up to the collar.
- Cut around the front of the collar without cutting through it.
- Fold the part over that you already cut to use it as a guide for cutting the other side. This will help you get everything symmetrical.
- Cut down the other side from the collar to the bottom.
- To add some scallops to the bottom of your cape, lay a ruler across the bottom of the cape and use a cup to trace some half circles. Cut them out.
- Decorate your cape with fabric markers, or other fabric shapes.
- Write a short story about your superhero - what is your superpower? What would you do to help your community?
Share your creation with your community! Use the #MakeWithMeowWolf hashtag on social media